Skip Navigation
This table is used for column layout.
Welcome to Goshen, CT
About Our Town
Town Departments
Boards & Committees
Agendas & Minutes
Town Ordinances
Important Links
Send Us Comments
Subscribe to News
Site  This Folder
Advanced Search
Building Official
The Building Official answers any questions regarding materials and methods of construction for new construction or alterations and regulates repairs and changes of occupancy to existing buildings.   The Building Official is empowered to request proof of consumer protection licensing and registration at permit issuance and during the construction phase of any construction jobs.  The Building Official inspects all new and altered buildings for compliance with various buildings codes.  In addition, the Official issues permits for building construction and alterations.    The Building Official works in conjunction with the Fire Marshal and enforces violations of Code.  The Building Official also works in conjunction with the Inland Wetland and Planning and Zoning Enforcement Officer as well as Torrington Area Health District to enforce regulations and laws.

Contact TypeContact Information
Building Code Official & Demolition Officer
42A North Street
Goshen, CT 06756
(860) 491-2308 ext. 231
(860) 491-6028
Tuesday & Thursday
7:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Virtual Towns & Schools Website