I believe I am being improperly billed for a motor vehicle. What should I do?

-A A +A

Contact the Assessor’s Office at (860) 491-2115, or by fax at (860) 491-6028. Do not ignore your bill. If your vehicle has been sold and plates returned to DMV, has been stolen and not recovered, has been declared a total loss, or if you have moved from Goshen or moved from Connecticut, you may be entitled to a credit. Contact the Assessors for information regarding the acceptable forms of proof for the issuance of a credit. There is a limited time period for this credit to occur, so be sure to call ASAP. You will be responsible for the taxes on the vehicle from October 1st through the month of the change in status.