ONLINE PERMITTING SYSTEM GUIDELINES
For your convenience, the Town of Goshen has adopted online permitting for the submittal of land use permit applications. Paper applications will no longer be accepted. To use the PermitLink online permitting program, you must first create a login account. Once your login account is created, you can use it for all land use and building permit-related applications you may wish to submit.
If you need assistance using a computer, there is one available at the Goshen Town Hall. Assistance can be obtained from the Land Use Office at (860) 491-2308 x 232. Land Use Office Hours are:
Tuesday & Thursday 7:45AM – 9:45AM
If required documents cannot be uploaded with the online application, applicants can mail documentation with a check payable to Town of Goshen to the following address: Town of Goshen, ATTN: Land Use Office, 42A North Street, Goshen, CT 06756.
No permit will be processed until payment and all documentation is received. Address of the project MUST be written on all submitted documentation.
Once you have created a login account and are in the online permitting website:
- Select the location for the permit by entering any characters of column text in the white boxes under “House #” and/or “Street” to narrow your search.
- Choose the address by clicking on its row.
- Select the appropriate permit application (Inland Wetlands, Zoning, Special Permit, etc.) from the menu on the right by clicking on the “New” icon.
- Fill out the application fields to completion.
- Once you have filled out all text fields, click Submit.
- You will now be prompted to sign your application. Sign by holding down the right button on your mouse and using the mouse to write your signature. When complete, check the box below, type in your name, and click Save.
- You will then be asked if you want to submit the application. Click OK.
- Add any required attachments by clicking Add Attachments. You will then click the square blue icon in the top right corner of the screen and follow the instructions.
- Please mail or hand-deliver payment (cash or check payable to Town of Goshen) to the following address: Town of Goshen, ATTN: Land Use Office, 42A North Street, Goshen, CT 06756.
Adding attachments to your permit application & checking status after an application has been submitted:
- If you need to add attachments after closing a submitted application or want to check the status of your application, go to “My Documents.” This will show you a list of all the applications you have ever submitted along with their status.
- To add additional attachments, click on the permit row once to highlight the permit and then click the square white icon above on the right, and then follow the instructions.