I recently replaced a vehicle, and still got a tax bill on the old vehicle. Do I have to pay it?

Yes. If you replaced one vehicle with another, and used the same license plates, you must pay on the “old” vehicle now. You will receive a pro-rated supplemental motor vehicle tax bill in December, payable by February 1, for the new vehicle. This bill will reflect a credit for the amount you pay in July on the old vehicle. You receive this credit without having to apply for it. However, you still must pay the entire amount due on the old vehicle in July. If you obtained new license plates for the new vehicle, you must apply for a credit. Contact the Assessor’s Office at (860) 491-2115 or by fax at (860) 491-6028.