The Board of Selectmen provides the following information.
Listed below is information about the Town of Goshen and services available to Goshen residents.  We hope you will find this information helpful.  The Selectmen publish a newsletter, Goshen Town Topics, with timely information.  Goshen Town Topics is mailed to Goshen Residents quarterly and provides residents with information and news of Town interest. These newsletters are also available at Town Hall.

Recycling Information:  USA Hauling is contracted by the Town to provide recycling services.  New residents should call USA Hauling. at 860-379-1662 to arrange for bin, pickup, schedule, and all recycling information.  

For the first Friday metal pickup you must call 860-379-1662  to register.

Rubbish Removal:  Residents must hire a private contractor for solid waste and bulky waste disposal.  For rubbish removal, please consult the yellow pages of your local phone book for independent rubbish removal services.  Please be sure your hauler is CRRA approved.  The Town of Goshen does not provide rubbish removal services.  There is no area landfill available to residents.

Dog License:  Dogs over 6 months of age must be licensed with the Town each year by July 1.  New residents must appear in person at the Town Clerk’s office with a current rabies certificate and neutering/spaying verification. There is an additional fee for late registration.

Animal Control:  Torrington Animal Control handles the Town of Goshen. For any concerns, please call the State Police at: 860-626-2500 and they will dispatch the Animal Control.
Public Health Agency: The telephone number for the Torrington Area Health District is 860-489-0436.

Town Meetings:  A calendar located on the bulletin board just inside the Town Hall indicates the dates and times of all Town meetings.  This information can also be obtained from local newspapers.
Tax Collection:  Motor Vehicle, Real Estate and Personal Property Taxes are due and payable each year on July 1 and January 1.  Only one Real Estate bill is sent out in June for both payments.  Please confirm your mailing address with the Assessors office.  Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve or excuse the obligation of the tax due.  The Tax Collector’s office is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 12 noon.  The phone number to call is:  860-491-2308 ext. 226. The Assessors office is open Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m.  to 12 noon and 1 to 4 p.m.  The phone number to call is 860-491-2115.

Winter Parking Ban:  There is NO PARKING on any Town road between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. from November 1 to April 1 of each year.

Winter Sand:  Winter sand for Goshen homeowners is available in the winter months at the Town Garage, 38 Torrington Road. Residents must supply their own containers and shovels.

Mail Delivery:  Information regarding mail delivery can be obtained at the Post Office.  If you have mailbox delivery to your home, please remember that your mailbox must be accessible to the mail carriers.  During the winter months please remember, snow must be removed to allow a clear approach and departure to your mailbox.  For information please call the Post Office at: 860-491-2733. The Town is not responsible for damage to mailboxes as the result of winter snowplowing.  Protect your mailbox!

Registrars of Voters:  To register to vote, please contact the Registrars of Voters at 860- 491-2308 x 236 or you may register to vote in the Town Clerk's office. Speak clearly while leaving your message and your call will be returned.

Department of Parks and Recreation:  Events vary throughout the year.  Please contact the Recreation Director for schedules of activities.   Summer day camp is available for children of Goshen residents who register before June 1.  After June 1 registration is available to non-residents.  Summer Camp is held at Camp Cochipianee on Beach Street.  For information call  Recreation Director, at 860-491-2249.

The Goshen Public Library is located at 42 North Street. For Library hours and information call:  860-491-3234.

Churches in Town are: The Church of Christ Congregational, corner of Old Middle Street and Torrington Road, phone 860-491-2793.  St. Thomas of Villanova, Roman Catholic, 71 North Street, phone 860-491-2756 or Fax #860-491-3780. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Route 63, Fax 860-491-2131.  Trinity Milton Church, on Milton Green, phone: 860-567-5369.

Visiting Nurse & Homecare, Northwest Inc.:  Please call 860-567-6000 for information.

Goshen Community Care and  Hospice:  Please call 860-491-4673.  Office hours are Tuesdays 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.

Goshen Good Neighbor Fund, Inc.:  Serves those who live in Goshen and who. for whatever reason, find themselvs in need of emergency financial assistance.  Please call Kit Wright, President at 860-491-2419

Northwest Connecticut Transit District:  140 Main Street, Torrington, please call: 860-489-2535.  NCTD provides various services for Goshen residents including “taxi-like” services for the elderly and disabled.

Schools:  Goshen Center School, 50  North Street.  Call 860-491-6020.  Wamogo Regional High School, 98 Wamogo Road, Litchfield.  Call 860-567-7410.

Colleges:   Northwestern Connecticut Community College, Winsted CT, call:  860-738-6300

The Goshen Historical Society:  21 Old Middle Street.  It is opened from April througt September on Tuesday's from 10:00 a.m. to noon or by appointment.  Please visit www.goshenhistoricalct.org for additional information.

The Goshen Land Trust: is located at 16 Mill Street.  Information may be obtained on the website www.goshenlandtrust.org or by calling 860-491-LAND

The Town of Goshen offers a wide variety of activities for all ages. Some of these activities include Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venture Crew, Daisy, Brownie and Girl Scout Troops. The Goshen Garden Club, Goshen Agricultural Society, Friends of the Library, and Goshen’s Senior Friendly Neighbors as well as The Goshen Players, the Goshen Land Trust and The Goshen Historical Society. Volunteers continually support the Goshen Volunteer Fire Company and numerous Boards and Commissions within the Town.

The Annual Report of the Town of Goshen CT is available at the Town Hall and provides interesting facts and useful information about the Town.

Please Help Us
In order to provide current and accurate information to residents, we ask that you feel free to give us your ideas and suggestions to make this information package better.   To do so, please contact the Town Hall or by phone 491-2308

The Town Hall is located .2 miles north of the Rotary on Route 63 (North Street). The first driveway is for the Administrative Offices. The second driveway is for the Goshen Public Library and Goshen Center School.

Camp Cochipianee is located at 291 Beach Street. To locate the Camp, go west on Route 4 (Sharon Turnpike) from the Rotary 1.4 miles.  Make a left turn onto Beach Street.  Go south on Beach Street 1.4 miles.  The Camp will be on your left side.
Public Works is located on Route 4 (Torrington Road) .2 of a mile east of the Rotary 860-491-6029.