I have moved. What is my tax jurisdiction for motor vehicle taxes?

Your tax town is your town of residency as of October 1. If you move from Goshen after October 1, but still reside in Connecticut, you will still pay vehicle taxes to Goshen in the following July. Municipalities within Connecticut do not apportion motor vehicle tax bills for portions of a tax year. If you registered the vehicle in another state, contact the Assessor’s Office. If you move, you must notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of your new address and new tax town code within 48 hours. Be sure that you request a change of address on your driver’s license and on your vehicle registration(s). Forms for this are available at the Tax Collector’s Office, both in person and on our Forms and Links page. They are also available on the Connecticut DMV website.