I need to register my car. What do I do?

If you owe delinquent property taxes on any vehicle in your name, you may not renew or obtain a new registration at the Department of Motor Vehicles without paying your back or current taxes first. (CGS 14-33) Payment will be required in cash, money order, or a certified bank check to receive an immediate clearance for the DMV to register any vehicle in your name per Town Ordinance.